Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'm going to bed early because there is nothing else for me to do. I feel every minute when I'm here but at least I feel calm and relaxed. In the city, I'm always on the go and even when I'm relaxing, I'm still not as relaxed as I am now.

There's only 3 work weeks left and I need to stop complaining. Definately, some good has come out of living in the sticks again:

  1. My mental endurance has strengthened and will someday carry me through a marathon or even an ultra-marathon
  2. I am a semi-hermit so when abandoned by pals for a poker night, there will be no feelings of being left out!!
  3. My drinking habits, which were nearly non-existant in Montreal, are extinct here!!
  4. I succesfully gave up coffee and now know I can! (but will probably start drinking it again when I get back to the city)
  5. In 2 months, I haven't skipped many runs and have been going a minimum 4 times per week, usually 5
  6. I've gotten tons of driving practice and no longer dread having to drive (but I prefer to never buy a car unless I really need one- public transit is cheaper and greener)
  7. I have realized that social contact is an important thing (exception: Autism)- more important than the 18 grand I owe to the govt!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home