Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Thursday, June 21, 2007

I feel like everyday my goal is for the day to be over. When I get back to my room, I make an X through the day on the calendar and change into my sporty clothes. Then I hit the trail and I run. Running out here is different than running in the city. In the city, there were days I'd skip, days I'd not feel like going. But here, it's something I don't want to skip. Here, in this ghost town, where I live with a few acquaintances in a former psychiatric hospital, running is what makes me happiest.

I can leave in tears but midway through, the endorphins kick in and when I return to the rez, I may not be smiling but I feel that much stronger.

I know that the grass is greener and I'm longing to be at my home in Montreal. Once I get back, I'll be annoyed by the pollution, nasty heat and lack of a clean river to jump into!

I wish I could embark on the same kind of journey as the guy I met hiking on the SIAT. He had taken off 5 months from his investor job to hike. The SIAT was one of several and he was going all the way to Gaspe, solo, a 40 day journey!

I'm trying not to look too forward to this weekend, to prevent disapointment. Mentally, the desire is there but physically will be more of something I need to do.

Four weeks left!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home