Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Owww!

Today as I ran my race, I was thinking, I must be crazy. Do I enjoy pain??

I started the race with my quads feeling tender, (due to running too fast while keeping up with the tall cuban from nextdoor) but I had put analgesic gel on it before I started, so it wasn't horrible pain, just that I "felt" the muscle was there.

I kept at pretty much the same pace throughout it (5:15/km). It felt amazing till 16 km, when I stopped to pee. Once I stopped, I realized I maybe shouldn't be running. But I continued, and finished while holding a stitch on my right side. My time was only 1 minute better than April (1 h 49), then again, this wasn't a flat course!!

I think running a race is like most things, not as fun to do alone. I missed not having E & her dad around. Jeremy did try to find me at the end but he couldn't...

I had an eventful day, while at the tamtams, a plane did an emergency landing on Parc avenue. I'll find out exactly on the news tonight...

Exhausted....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home