Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The never-ending glory

His cords belt out a heart-felt rage
As he's watched, lovin' the stage
But all the applause just ain't enough
His mind craves the white to snuff.

He tells his friends that he has control
As he gets closer to a hole
His pay evaporates and up he goes
The evidence obvious through his damaged nose

They tell me to stop being the pa-parazzi
It's his problem, so let him be
That sooner or later he will see
It's his life to live freely

But to ignore would mean to not care
Wanting to help, but how and where??
He receives support from my grand-mere
Why can't he just be a star by having the right hair?

I have nightmares that some day he will crash
Really, it's about more than the cash
Like Romeo Dallaire, it's shaking hands with the devil
Hard to turn back once it amounts to this level

If I wasn't an atheist, maybe I would pray
Given up on talking, nothing to say
As a solemn promise to let him go his way
Still trying to be sincere and not betray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home