Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Family Reunion/Camping

This weekend I attended the annual Shearing family picnic in St Remi, near Tremblant. I'd never gone before (because of cadet camp, B.C. etc) but I figured that at least it could get me out of the city...

I enjoyed being away from the city and my flat, which I haven't left in quite a while. (Editor's note: I'm not a hermit, but I mean I've been in Mtl for a while).

I learned where I get my obsessive organization skills from, and that I could be a lot worse... (like my aunts!!!). I also found out that my dad was the cool rebelious brother growing up, or so my uncles claim. Logically, it suggests that my big bro Phil may end up listening to Celine Dion and having a family someday.

Nonetheless, the camping, swimming and kayaking was great. It'll be even more fun when we canoe down the Restigouche river in August (Hg and Critter and whoever else).

Au Revoir....

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Jeremy Brendan said...

That Celine Dion listening sounds like a fate worse than death. Please, anything but CD! Cut off my fingernails and shove them into my retinas!

Pax,
JB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home