Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Reparative Therapy- "Love" in Action


I read about this story on Mtl Chris' blog and it angered me. A teen has been sent to an ex-gay fundamentalist camp to "cure" him.

First, there is no empirical evidence that reparative therapy is effective. Second, homonegativity and homophobia are bigger problems themselves.

Check it out....

2 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger shalom said...

The group of us over at free zach are doing a postcard campaign to send Zach some words of support. It’s a statement in itself, because if even half the group sends a card or letter, it will be 2,000 messages flooding the Refuge camp’s mailbox. That would be hard to ignore. Spread the word.

Zach
c/o Refuge
P.O. Box 171444
Memphis, TN 38187

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger MP3 Doctor said...

Hey there, you've got a great blog here! I'm thinking of bookmarking your site!

I have a electric bike site. It pretty much covers electric bike related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home