Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Mcgill's playing hard to get!!!

I made the waiting list which I think is pretty good for my first try at graduate school. It totally complicates my life, why can't things be black and white?! But just the other day, I told E that it would be an accomplishment to make the waiting list for slp. They only accept 22 students (10% of people that apply) so it's still good. Also, I think next time when I apply, I'll have a better shot with more experience.

Now people, what am I to do? Do I act as if I didn't get in and if by some fluke, a spot becomes available, I change my plans? Do I accept to be on their waiting list? Wait a minute, how many people are on this waiting list anyways? I need some advice!!!

HELP!!!

3 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Kritter said...

hey mari!

The people who got accepted already prob got accepted to all the places they applied and McGill may not be their first choice...

I would make two sets of plans that don't have to be acted on right away (ie. don't look for an apartment yet)and act on whichever one when the time comes. It's still early. I'm sure they'll give you notice. I found our place on Durocher the week before we moved in. Flights can be made at a later date as well. But it might make you more at ease to write out all te things you'll have to do in either case.

Talk to you later!
Criss

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Jeremy Brendan said...

Cousin Matt & I agree that if you get in, you should go and do graduate school. That would be cool--we could hang out at your office and hit on McGill chicks...er...I mean it would be a great opportunity for you to expand your knowledge base.

Seriously, kick some ass. You'll be the only Shearing from our Black Sheep side of the clan to have a real academic background! :)

Pax,
Philificus & Emperor Matthias

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Unified Chasity Belt said...

Mari, i always trust you have your best interest at heart, i know you will do the right thing. . . which do you think you will benefit more from? do the thing that YOU think that will fair you better in life. both are great opertunities with their own pro's and con's. . . love you!

BAz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home