Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Monday, November 29, 2004

I know how Jayne feels. I'm in the midst (not sure if that's how to spell it) of writing up my research proposal for my thesis. Scientific writing is so concise, it's hard for me not to write flowery, so it makes me frustrated. I also am lacking articles, some of my facts I haven't yet backed up! I'll get it done, it's just slow going.

I finally called the Mackay Centre - a school for deaf and disabled children near my brother's apt. Now we're playing phone tag. Not me and Prince, me & the school. I hope they take me as a volunteer 'cause my sign language class is ending :( I don't wanna forget it and hopefully I can practice my ASL!! This might require me to quit Presse Café next semester, but I don't have the balls to do it. Besides, what would my friends do without the free stuff??

I'm going to step tonight even though I don't have the time to. It's part of my new-found assertiveness!! Okay no more procrastinating....

I wanna be consequence free!!! (just singing)

2 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Jeremy Brendan said...

Hello Dear Sister,

I'm trapped in the most unholy of places, Concordia's library building downtown. I can't escape to even take a drink of water from the fountain because then I might lose my workstation and be forced to wait in that god-awful line again. This hellhole is open until 1 AM but I'm almost done my essay so I'll be OK. I have 1050 words which I wrote in the past 2 and a half hours. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. Quality is being sacrificed at the altar of quantity. True enough. I don't really care because I think I picked a good topic (Bernal Diaz, writer of "The Conquest of New Spain" versus contemporary Mexican painters). The only downside is that I'm not really talking about Diaz all that much.

You can quit presse-cafe. My poverty-life is almost finished. No, I'm not dying yet, but I'm almost done school so I can work at RS for the month of December and make a few hundred bucks. Plus, my loan is en route so I'll have the moolah to pay you back in no time.

Keep your chin up and your back to the wind. Peace.

-Phil

P.S. I may try and sleep in your dingy basement tonight, if it's ok with you and Critter. I'm getting a bus pass tomorrow when I get paid but tonight I have nowhere to sleep. LOL

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No prob if you crash here!! Don't ring the doorbell. The kitchen door will be unlocked just incase. You've been supportive to me, it's the least I can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home