Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Friday, September 17, 2004

Where should I start??? Yesterday I was in line for the people's potato when I saw a sign about Learning ASL (American Sign Language). The course was starting that evening, so I called as soon as I got home and went to my first class. I had a great time. For 3 hours there was no spoken language, the teacher signed and if we didn't understand, she'd explain using gestures, objects and if necessary a flip chart. It's like a whole different culture. Not only must you look at the signer's hands but also more importantly their face. I can't wait to go back.

We're also having a party ici on Samedi. I have no idea how it'll turn out?! But things here are usually fun. Dimanche I work which means I should (uh-oh a bad word) get my school work done. I got a lab meeting later for the ABCD lab, the baked goods one;)

Adios!

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jeremy Brendan said...

How did the party turn out? Anybody retch on the carpet? Also, did you see what our brother posted on my blog? He called me a cry-baby & said that everyone is sick of my antics. This is patently false. I may cry a lot but Pat is the only one I have a beef with. Everyone else has been relatively cool with me lately.

Sigh.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Jeremy Brendan said...

What am I pissed at? Just that you told somebody something that would hurt them, needlessly, when it's only my opinion.

I don't know what is in their head. I was only theorizing. By telling this person, you may have caused them to hate me indefinately.

Call me and I'll explain further. This sux.

Peace,
JB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home