Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

My Rant
 
Why do I have to be the responsible one?  It's not easy.  You criticize my ideals and call me a conformist. 
Because I think ahead and plan for the future, just incase I live till the next day.  That's why I can't spend everything I own and live life to its fullest, like you do.  Maybe this makes me a loser or a scooter to you.  But I love being independent and knowing that I can do it all by myself.  I love not having to rely on anyone.   This gives me the same satisfaction that you get when you smoke buds.  I could look at the world through your eyes but I'd prefer to open them more and not be blinded by the floaters that distract you. 
 
**************
  I'm just having one of those days.  It's my day off and I'm doing too much thinking.  I think it has to do with realizing that the summer is passing by and I feel the same.  I haven't really accomplished anything new, except learning how to make special coffees.  My summers in BC, I had the outdoors to keep me entertained, to keep me motivated. It wasn't a chore it was a priviledge.  And even my slave working there was worth it for that one day off that I got to play in the mountains.  But here I work less and feel more drained.  One reason I stayed here was to get everything set up for grad school, volunteer work and stuff.   And I haven't even done that.  In fact, I may take time off after I graduate.  I have been in school for the past 16 years, and think I need to know myself before I go any further.  And any time I take off will be spent outside of Canada!!

1 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you two have trouble communicating your problems to each other. Remember, 2nd door to the left. Relationship mediator - 5 cents/min. Best rate youll ever get. You can make appointments or drop by on my days off.

Roomy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home