Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Packing is an emotional process. Even if I'm only moving my belongings into the living room, it still feels like I'm going somewhere. Actually I wish I were going somewhere. I'd love to take my backpack and hitch my way around. It would be dangerous but if I was with one other person, it would be safe enough. From experience, hitchhiking with a male makes it much less likely that you'll get a lift. Being solo as a female is the quickest, it's never taken me more than 10 minutes and that's on a bad day. Being 2 girls works too.

Strangely, I have rarely gotten a lift from a female. I don't think I look too threatening, yet the women drivers always have given me dirty looks as if they were saying "bad girl"! When I own a car and become a soccer mom, I'm gonna give lifts to the young girls that hitchike. (In a very long time of course)This way they could avoid a lift with a creep!!

But it doesn't look like I'll be hitchhiking anywhere for a while. I'm living the urban life sans the bling!

Adios!!

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does Mercury not post anymore?

I agree, packing is an emotional process - and you aren't the only one dying to get away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home