Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Friday, June 11, 2004

Do you know the law?

Today I quit my job at Resto Cafe Oxford. I did not give the boss two weeks notice. She told me that I will not get paid because of this. I think she is lying. I have known of people who have quit jobs after one day, and have still gotten paid.

Regardless of whether I gave her notice, I worked 17.5 hours and feel like there must be a law that allows me to get paid. However, she never took my SIN number and I never signed any forms. She never even told me if I was officially hired!!

Unfortunately, I must forget about this for now. Today I start my new job at Presse Cafe. If anyone knows what the laws are or where I can get info, let me know!!

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jeremy Brendan said...

Don't worry, geeky muppet. You're going to get paid or they'll be going to court! :)

J-B

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cow!

-Jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home