Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Valentine's Day- "No dad I didn't meet any nice guys..."

Valentine's day is coming up. It's the holiday that hallmark invented, but do you blame them? The market has taken over everything else too, so why not?

What's with my title today?? Well the thing about nice guys is just the routine check I get from my dad. Every week when he calls, I get asked the same question.... "Did you meet any nice guys?" It's annoying. Most fathers would want to lock their daughters up, but my dad wants to pimp me out! Is there really anything wrong with being an independent woman? It seems in our society, that my type is frowned upon.

While I'm a 21 year old female, I should be looking for a prospective mate. Yeah right! I'm not going to any lek for any courtship rituals. It'll happen when it happens.

I feel like my life is finally starting to fall in place. I'm starting to volunteer at the oral deaf school of Montreal. It may not seem like a big deal but I'm excited. It gives me a high knowing that I can help people. I know, this sounds like a commercial... What can I say! With just one year left in university, I need to find out what I like to do. This can help me decide about a career later on. I won't be a starving student forever:)

Tomorrow night Criss and I are going to a party at Chris Ellis'. He's my ex-neighbour from last year. Last Valentine's day, the girls and I went out to Copacananas with him. It was fun, but he ditched the 3 of us for a stripper!! I don't know what tomorrow will be like.

Hasta Luego

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home