Hiking, Travelling and Dreaming

This was intended to be my thoughts on travelling, but I'll have to tame my wanderlust for a while longer....

Monday, December 15, 2003

I'm going home soon. For those who don't know me, my home is a warzone. (No, I don't live in the middle east) But my mother and I don't exactly get along. When we do, we scream, fight until there are tears! And the rest of my family talks really loud. Then the next person gets louder, it's a headache for anyone who isn't a Shearing! And once you move out, it's tough to walk through the doors of dysfunctionality! My oldest bro isn't going home. I don't blame him... But it's been a year and I'm looking forward to the food, and watching spongebob. So I'll give it a try. And this year I'm trying not to argue or fight with my mom the whole 2 weeks. That's why I'm writing in my blog again. I'll keep everyone covered with the news of Matapedia.

I got an exam tomorrow night, my last:) By the way, as strange as this seems my roommate is drinking alone in her room at the moment! I guess it's funnier to me.

Mercury is stilling living with Pepe. I figure he's (Pepe) like a cat, you feed it once, you'll never get rid of it! But Pepe's nice and he stays out of everyone's way. I'm just uncomfortable with the fact that he was interested in my 17 year old brother! Tonight I helped Merc put up xmas decorations. I'm not celebrating xmas this year 'cause I'm not Christian and why should I use someone else's holiday for my own benefit. My parents celebrate xmas for the giving, they do it all without a mention of Jesus. It's become so commercial though. Christmas is more and more extravagant. I figure it's best to quit while I'm ahead. But I might go to midnight mass despite my agnostic views. It's like live comedy in Matapedia. The alcoholics are there, knocking over pews, hiccuping... All in a Catholic church.

It's late so I'll call it quits for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home